In the report, which can be accessed here, Access Foundation Bangladesh describes the lack of inclusion of people with disabilities in project design, planning, and implementation. Concerns raised included:
- People with disabilities were not included in consultation processes.
- Procedures meant to ensure community health and safety during the construction process did not address the unique risks to people with disabilities, such as the risk falling through uncovered manholes; and
- Systems for grievance redress did not ensure accessibility for people with disabilities.
- Ensure disability inclusion throughout the project cycle, as required by AIIB's policies;
- Produce a guidance note on ensuring disability inclusion in AIIB-financed projects; and
- Train AIIB staff on disability inclusion.