The objective of the RISE project is to improve rural road access and provide employment opportunities for populations in selected rural areas; and to build capacity in the sustainable management of rural roads, incorporating community engagement approaches. Overall, the project aims to increase connectivity between regions and to enable smooth movement of people and services across the country.
The project consists of five components:
- Rural roads development and maintenance
- Institutional strengthening and human capital development
- Community engagement, inclusion, and protection
- Project management, monitoring and evaluation
- Contingency emergency response